Can you remember a time when you won at something? (A game, a sport, a raffle, a competition?) Tell us about it! What were you thinking when you won? How did you feel? Did you win because you were good at something, or did you win because of chance?
- Why were the Israelites afraid to fight Goliath? They might get hurt or lose the battle. (He was a big dude!)
- Why wasn’t David afraid? He knew that God was with him.
- What did David use to fight Goliath? stones and a slingshot.
- Who defeated Goliath for David? God! God won the victory.
- What does victorious mean? It means “won” – the winner.
- God is victorious in our lives too. It might not always mean that we will get what we want or win every battle that we face. It means that God will always be the winner over everything in the end. There is nothing that God can’t have victory over. He always wins.
- Going Deeper: Where have you seen God being victorious in our world? How about in your own life and heart?
EGC Kids Tip: Parents, this is a great opportunity to talk with your children about where you have seen God’s victory in your own life! They probably won’t find themselves in a battlefield opposite a giant – but they will face their own challenges. Your stories help them see beyond a giant and a slingshot to a God who they KNOW to be victorious in the Bible, in your life, and in theirs!
But let us give thanks to God! He gives us the victory because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done.1 Corinthians 15:57
To help you memorize your verse this week:
Make a maze on your driveway, sidewalk, or patio with the words to this verse written along the lines. Follow the maze and say the verse until you know it (Parents: you can write symbols along the maze for non-readers).
This week, you’ll be playing a fun game as a family! (We’d love to see who wins! If you play the game this week, be sure to get some video and tag #egckidsathome !)
** You’ll need 2 coins to play this game (pennies and nickels work best)
How to Play:
Parents and guardians, bless your children with this blessing:
May you trust in nothing but God to give you victory in your life. May He be victorious in your heart and give you peace and joy.
Children, bless each other with this blessing:
May you know that God is victorious in your life.