- Who was the rescuer that everyone was waiting for? Jesus
- Why did we need a rescuer? Because our sin separates us from God. Jesus came to defeat sin and death, and make a way for us to be with God forever as part of his family.
- Where was Jesus born? Bethlehem
- Who announced Jesus’ birth to the shepherds? Angels
- Who followed a star to see Jesus? Wise men
- Can you remember what the wise men gave Jesus? Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh
- Who wanted to kill Jesus? King Herod (but God kept him safe!)
- What is YOUR favorite part of the Christmas story?
- What was your favorite thing that you did with your family this year? Getting a tree, decorating cookies...
- What was your favorite gift (either that you gave, or that someone gave you)?
- What are you most excited about for NEXT year?
This is our last week with our December memory verse. Can you say it on your own?
Make some paper snowflakes!
- You can use these printable templates for some extra fancy designs, or just grab a piece of white paper and fold like this.
- See what designs YOU come up with. If you’d like to share them with your egckids teachers, post them to Instagram or facebook and tag #egckidsathome
Jesus, Thank you for all the ways you bless us. For family and friends, for Christmas trees and snowy days, for holidays and all that makes them special. Thank you for coming to be our rescuer, and for always being with us. Thank you that you are our peace and our hope. We love you. Amen.
Parents/Guardians, close out your lesson time by speaking this blessing over your child(ren):