This week’s lesson is based on 1 Kings 7-11 and continues Solomon’s story from last week!
Do you remember the name of the wise king from last week’s lesson? (If you said King Solomon, that’s right!) Today, we are going to learn more about him and God’s Story!
From the EGC Kids Team: Did you know that Solomon also built the temple in Jerusalem? If you would like more info about that part of his life, click here!
- What does it mean to have self-control?
- What does it mean to give your whole heart to God?
- Do you think those two things are related? Yes. When we don’t trust God to take care of us, or satisfy our hearts, we sometimes make choices that aren’t the best for us – just to make us feel good at the time.
- God is Trustworthy. He’s worthy of our trust. How has God shown that He is trustworthy in the Bible? There are lots of ways God has shown that he’s trustworthy! He promised that He would send a Savior and He did, Jesus! He kept His promises, took care of people, won battles – can you think of any other examples?
- What things – or parts of your life – do you trust God with?
- What areas of your life do you think you need help to trust Him more? Stop and take some time to pray about them now and give them to God! Jesus wants to share our lives and be a part of everything we do.
Play a game of “Would You Rather”
How you play:
- Choose one of the questions below (or make up your own)
- Let each person in your family decide (silently) which option they would choose.
- Try to guess what each person thought! (You can choose to keep individual score, team scores or play with non-scoring rounds).
Questions to Use:
Would you rather:
- Only be able to crawl or only be able to walk backwards?
- Be the funniest person alive or the smartest person alive?
- Be able to fly or be able to turn invisible
- Never have to shower again or never have to clip your toenails?
- Have the chance to design a new toy or direct a movie?
- Be a bird or a horse?
- Eat a beetle or get stung by a bee?
- Be able to change the color of your hair whenever you want or be able to change the length of your hair whenever you want?
- Have 3 legs or 3 arms?
- Have to wear a clown wig or a clown nose for a year?
- Be friends with Superman or Spiderman?
This week, to help you learn your verse, hold a “Remember Verse Race!”
What you will need:
- 2 buckets, baskets, or containers
- Small balls, beanbags or toys
- A starting line and a turn-around line (A container is placed at each line. The starting line bucket should contain all the balls or toys to begin).
- A parent or sibling who will stand at the turn-around and listen to the verse!
What you do:
When a parent or guardian says “go,” pick up a toy or ball, run to the turn-around, place the toy in the bucket and say, “But I trust in your faithful love. My heart is filled with joy because you will save me. Psalm 13:5” Then high-five the parent or friend and run back to the starting line. If you have a lot of family members playing, tag the next person (who will do the same thing). If you are playing with just a parent or guardian, take the next toy and repeat the run. Continue to play until all of the toys are moved to the turn-around bucket.
Bless each other with this blessing:
May you seek God with your whole heart and life. May you follow and trust Him each day.